Easy to follow 1 hours recipes that tastes delicious. Spices were bought from India and traded around Europe and Asia. Indian cuisine has influenced other cuisines across the world.
The literal translation of Nasi Goreng is “fried rice” in Indonesian and Malaysian – and that’s exactly what it is! It’s mainly rice with just a little bit of meat and just onion for the vegetables. The thing that distinguishes it from other Fried Rice dishes is the sauce which is made with kecap manis, a sweet soy sauce that stains the rice dark brown and caramelises the rice when it cooks.
You may have made a cinnamon roll french toast casserole or french toast bake, but those can take a long time to make. With the instant pot craze going on, we thought we would try to shorten the preparation time needed for traditional french toast bakes! We love our instant pot and use it for dinners all the time. We have even used it for dessert with our Instant Pot Monkey Bread. The ease and quickness of it are perfect for our busy lifestyle.
30 Minute Mushroom Chicken with Coconut RiceCourse: AppetizerCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
4 cups French bread (cut into bite-size pieces and dried overnight)
3/4 cups milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Soak chopped onions in water: Place the chopped onions in a small bowl of water. This will help take the edge off the onions. Let sit while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- Blanch the green beans: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil (2 Tbsp salt for 2 quarts of water). Add the green beans to the water and blanch only for about 2 minutes or so, until the beans are just barely cooked through, but still crisp.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil (2 Tbsp salt for 2 quarts of water). Add the green beans to the water and blanch only for about 2 minutes or so, until the beans are just barely cooked through, but still crisp. Fresh young beans should cook quickly. Older, tougher beans may take longer. While the beans are cooking, prepare a large bowl of ice water. When the beans are ready, use a slotted spoon to remove them from the boiling water to the ice water to stop the cooking. Drain the green beans and the red onions.
- Toss with red onion, balsamic, Parmesan: Place the green beans, red onion, and chopped basil in a large bowl. Sprinkle in the olive oil, toss to coat. Sprinkle in the balsamic and Parmesan cheese. Toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Chill until ready to serve. Overlap the cucumber and tomato on the side of each plate, sprinkle over the crispy fried onions.
- Kid-Friendly Adaptation: Cook the chicken at low heat in broth instead of buffalo sauce. Use fresh ingredients for better taste. Put some of the chicken aside for the kiddos (plain, no sauce) and toss the remaining chicken with the buffalo sauce before you broil it.